Tuesday, December 23, 2008

....surprise, surprise....we're now back in Virgin Gorda of the BVI.........having slept on it we decided to up anchor and set off for the above; having seen nothing of Peurto Rico bar the customs office and the marina.....!

The sail back to VG involved a night crossing which is never pleasant, especially as we were going against the wind and current, chopping through the waves for the entire 23hr passage, making us both queasy.....you end up in a kinda trance, drifting in and out of sleep.

Once we reached VG we decided to make good and register with immigration to avoid any unnecessary fuss......boy, did we get a tellling off, it seems we didn't checkout with them when we first visited at the beginning of December and therefore we were liable for fines of $5000....! Holey Moley, we're not having alot of luck with officialdom....anyway, having made us feel 'ever so 'umble' like someone caught stealing bubblegum from Woolworths and, it being Chritmas they gave us six of the best and told us not to do it again....!

Next we had to find a Doctor as I had developed Cystitis (the ladies reading this will understand how painful this is) during the voyage across from PR and having run out of the pills I'd brought with me from UK, I was really losing any semblance of sanity I'd ever had.....it was like PMT multiplied by 100...!....

Actually Customs were good enough to direct me to the nearest Dr being 2mins walk away....he was the biggest gentleman I had ever seen, he was so jolly and easygoing that I didn't mind the $145 charge for seeing him and getting the prescription.....I walked in and within 5mins I was seen, wee wee'd in a bottle and was sat waiting his diagnosis as he did the testing out back in a machine that looked like the paint mixer at B&Q....!

The Chemist was all of 300 yds away and there again, the lady Pharmacist was so cheery, she even gave us a dry-wipe board as a Christmas present but charged us $137 for my medication but I would have paid double and sold Tim if that's what it cost to get what I needed.....piddling acid and razor blades just about sums up my discomfort.....

Anyway, right now, after having a good nights sleep (we were in bed by 8pm and slept through to 7.30am) we are at the Bath & Turtle doing Internet stuff in the vain hope that the attendant is going to show up at the Launderette so we can can have a service wash and wear some clean clothes for Christmas Day at least......

No comments: